The Vaccination Acceptance Research Network (VARN)
The Vaccination Acceptance Research Network (VARN) is an entity for global leadership in the application and advancement of social and behavioral science insights, research and expertise. Participating members meet to discuss and address socio-behavioral approaches to vaccination research, identify gaps in existing research and opportunities for new interdisciplinary research and work collaboratively to address vaccine acceptance in low- and middle-income country settings. Members include multidisciplinary academic researchers, stemming from the social and behavioral science fields, global health, global health practitioners and Sabin’s Social and Behavioral Research Grant Program partners. Drawing from multiple disciplines, VARN participants link social and behavioral research insights with programming and policy by:
- Analyzing vaccination topics from various theoretical and methodological approaches to guide the design of solutions around vaccination acceptance and demand
- Sharing knowledge, research, and papers through VARN convened-events
- Serving on working groups to collaboratively approach vaccination challenges
- Co-authoring working group papers and other materials for the Resource Hub
- Setting research agendas to move the field(s) forward
The network’s strengths include access to research experts from multiple disciplines and geographic regions, a strong connection to national immunization program managers and global health policy makers, and the ability to bring relevant expertise and experience to vaccination acceptance topics.
Funding to support VARN operation and management is provided by the Sabin Vaccine Institute through a private philanthropic grant.
Join Our Network
The VARN is a global, multidisciplinary community of experts from the social and behavioral sciences and global health field collectively working to better understand and problem solve vaccination-related topics impacting acceptance and demand. We are always looking to engage more thinkers in this space and incorporate new members. Complete this form to participate with and received updates from the network.